OTHER PROJECTS (FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ONLY)
WATER SECTORPROGRAMME SUPPORT, ZAMBIA
(Water & Sanitation Programme in Southern andWestern Provinces)(May to June2004) (May to June 2005) (April to June 2006)
The objectiveof the capacity assessments was to assess new partners and evaluating existingones to manage under or non-performance.
- Assess the financial management capacity of theindividual organisations, vis-à-vis the funds expected from DANIDA.
- Assess any previous financial managementperformance vis-à-vis stipulated requirements for financial transparency,accountability etc., if applicable.
- Recommend improvements to the financial managementcapacities of the organisations.
- Brief stakeholders on the findings.
- Prepare and submit a comprehensive report incorporating stakeholder's comments.
DANIDAPROJECTS CLOSURE, ERITREA
(Public Sector- Assessment and Closure of FundedProjects in Agriculture, Education & Health)
(May to June 2006)
The objective was to provide financial and accounting services supportto close projects that were ongoing when the embassy was closed in 2003.
The keyobjectives of the final audits are to:
- Confirm the overall amount of DANIDA fundsdisbursed to the programmes.
- Confirm the overall amount of DANIDA funds spenton programme activities, as well as the amounts spent on individual budgetlines or sub-components.
- Confirm the amount of unspent funds, if any.
- Provide the relevant Eritrean and Danishauthorities with an assessment of the financial situation pertaining to theprogrammes.
- Prepare closure of accounts and where this is notpossible, recommend the way forward for closing the accounts, and facilitatethe process as far as possible.
WATER & SANITATION RESOURCES MANAGEMENT, SUDAN
Conducttraining on sound financial, procurement management and reporting for 14community based project staff in Rumbek.
FORESTRYRESOURCES MANAGEMENT, KENYA
(July to August 2007)
Developfinancial management procedures manual for a community re-afforestation programmein Western Province.
AGRICULTURALSECTOR PROGRAMME SUPPORT, UGANDA
Pre-auditreconciliation and preparation of financial statements covering three fiscalyears for 6 (six) sub-components.