Independent Financial Software Consultant 03/04 to Present
· Owner of Geoson Solutions
· Certified Microsoft Business Management Solutions Specialist
· Implementation, Customization & Training of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
· Microsoft SharePoint implementation & development.
· Setup and Maintenance of MS SQL Servers.
· Analyze business processes and implement or Project Manage best business practices.
· Last seven Clients;
o Heavy Truck Manufacturer Edmonton, Alberta.
· Contract August 2008 – February 2010
· Complete analysis of current Business Practices, recommend applicable business practice changes, and implement approved changes.
· ERP Project Management, consulting support and customized development.
Ø Modules; GL, AP, AR, Inventory POP, Payroll, Analytical Accounting.
· Implement & Configure SQL Reporting Services (SRS).
· Developed and implemented over twenty SRS reports.
o International Software Vendor Hamilton, Bermuda.
· Contract May 2009 – October 2009
· Implement Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) for internal company use including;
Ø Install and Implement main site
Ø Setup and design of seven departments (through sub sites)
Ø Integrate ERP software with SharePoint through the use of Office Data Connections (ODC)
Ø Create basic key performance indicators (KPIs) from the ODCs
Ø Instruct and train users on SharePoint object use with Microsoft Office.
· Implement SQL Reporting Services Tech support process using SharePoint Workflow processes.
· Project Manager and Lead developer for HR auditing tool for employee tracking (Government requirement)
· Microsoft Dynamics GP (ERP) consulting support.
· Implement & Configure SQL Reporting Services (SRS).
o Federal Crown Corporation Ottawa, Ontario
· Contract December 2007 to August 2008
· Commitment to pay IT Project Management and development lead using MS-SQL and VBA.
· ERP software administration and technical support.
· Modules; GL, AP, AR, Inventory POP, SOP, Payroll, HR, Project Accounting.
· Scoped RDIMS (Content Management Software) integration with ERP software.
Ø Compared RDIMS system with SharePoint DMS to help determine which system would provide published ERP documents.
Ø RDIMS system was chosen because software reflected client’s Information Software Strategy.
· Completed analyses of current business processes with financial liaison and recommended process changes from an IT perspective.
o Oil/Gas Monitoring Company Edmonton, Alberta.
· Contract August 2007 to September 2007
· Completed analysis and implemented process change recommendations for client’s ERP Field Service processes.
· Part of implementation team (QA) of MS SharePoint / MS Project Server.
Ø Created and Administered Sub site for MS Project Server integration.
· ERP report customization & technical support.
o International Transport Company Saskatoon, Sask.
· Contract July 2007
· ERP Project accounting implementation and technical support.
o International Software Company Edmonton, Alberta
· Eighteen month contract
· On call Microsoft Dynamics GP consultant.
· ERP Fixed Assets process analysis and implementation.
· Completed ERP analysis to facilitate upgrading of ERP software and ‘unplugging’ customized legacy applications.
Senior Database Administrator (Promotion) 03/04 to 09/06
Programming & Network Specialist 12/02 to 03/04
Isotechnika Inc. Edmonton, Alberta.
· Managed IT department for corporate head office.
· Support, Administration, and customization of Microsoft Dynamics GP system.
· Support and Administration of MS SQL Server (2000 and 2005) database servers.
· MS SharePoint implementation, development & administration.
Ø Designed, Implemented, and Administered MS SharePoint site.
Ø Part of Selection committee to choose Document Management System and Championed project.
Ø Used InfoPath in conjunction with document libraries to create a document database and document workflow.
Ø Created web services using VB Studio that interacted with InfoPath and SharePoint software.
Ø As one of the first clients to successfully implement and customize SharePoint 2003, Microsoft completed a white paper on our successful project.
Ø Part of Redmond Alpha release of SharePoint 2007.
· Network Administrator and Backup Administrator for servers.
· Administration of Oracle (9I & 10 g) database servers.
· Building Management resource for Corporate Head Office.
· Assistant to Director of Information Technology.
Financial Customization Consultant 01/02 to 12/02
Joe Software. Edmonton, Alberta.
· Design & Implement Microsoft Dynamics GP customizations for clients.
· Provide Computer hardware & software Technical Support for JoeSoftware and SWCS Consulting clients.
· Instruct clients and resellers in use of MS Dynamics GP accounting system.
Direct Sales & Installation Rep 08/01 to 01/02
Shaw Communications Edmonton, Alberta.
· Direct internet an cable sales to customers
· Installation of Shaw High speed internet and networks in consumer homes
· Installation of Digital Cable in consumer homes. Career summary (Continued)
Computer Installation Tech (Contract) 07/01 to 08/01
E.D.S. Systemhouse Edmonton, Alberta.
· Upgrade user end office software packages.
· Upgrade server operating systems.
Account Executive & Payroll Trainer (promotion) 12/00 to 04/01
Support Analyst & Payroll Trainer (promotion) 06/00 to 12/00
Support Analyst 05/99 to 06/00
Intellisol International (Opus Software). Edmonton, Alberta.
· Maintained & coordinated a Canadian wide reseller channel.
· Trained employees, clients, and resellers on Intellisol’s Canadian payroll (became Microsoft Dynamics Canadian Payroll) software.
· Installation & Configuration of Great Plains Dynamics software – with Intellisol software package on clients’ networks.
· Customization of Great Plains Dynamics software for client.
· Payroll helpdesk support for Canada (User, Developer, and Reseller Support), Australia (Developer and Reseller Support), and the United Kingdom (Developer and Reseller Support)