Project# GP Implementation for Auto, Frozen Food and Commodities Divisions
Organization : Platinum / Stallion Group (Dubai and Africa) www.platcorp.com
Team Size : 9
Description: Platinum Corporation's target markets span countries across West Africa and the Middle East. The company is an established player in West Africa across Nigeria, Ghana, Republic of Benin, Angola, Cameroon and Congo. Its operations in the Middle East focus on key markets in the region like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Iraq, Iran and Jordan
Current Implementation has involved in the following three divisions.
Automobiles: Distributors of Scoda, Honda, Audi, Toyota, Volkswagen, Hyundai and Mahendra in Nigeria as well as Ghana
Frozen Foods: Fish, Meat and Commodities: Rice and Sugar
Solution Provided: Auto Division:- Provided a solution to maintain Car Engine number, Chassis number and Stereo code integrated with Item tracking Option (Serial) in Inventory module. This helps workshop Manager for better tracking, when car comes for first servicing also for finance team for tax returns and Insurance claims.
Commodities:- Provided a solution to track damage, theft and shortage of rice bags while receiving the shipment in Receiving module integrated with Inventory module. Given a solution to re-baggage for the damaged stock. Finally given a solution to get Vessel wise and Brand wise Profit and Loss.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1) Being Implementer understanding business requirements
2) Designing Chart of Accounts
3) Gap Analysis
4) Preparation of High Level design
5) Installation and creation of companies in Great Plains 8.0
6) Configuration of Great Plains modules as per the requirements.
7) Creation/Customization of Existing Forms using Dexterity as per requirements
8) Data migration from Platinum existing legacy systems Tally and Excel into the Great Plains using Econnect (Code written in .Net).
9) Modified Existing “Item Track option”(Serial) Form using VBA to maintain Chassis, Stereo code and Engine Number and integrated the functionality with third party module Field Services by using cross dictionary code in Dexterity
10) Installation/Configuration of FRx
11) User Training
Environment: Microsoft Great Plains enterprise 8.0, Dexterity v8.00m052,Econnect, .Net, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Citrix, VSS, Seagate Crystal Reports ver 9.0 and Issue Tracker.