Microsoft Dynamics Axapta 2009 Implementation Experience – When I joined my current employer in 2009, I was assigned with a main responsibility to implement AX 2009 alongwith all Financials reporting and supervising responsibilities. I successfully implemented Dynamics in the following areas : -
- General Ledger Setup : Set up Currencies and Exchange Rates, Create Periods in a new fiscal year, Create Date intervals, Create, modify, and delete reason codes, Create a Dimension Value, Create a Dimension Focus, Set up allocation rules, Contrast the various allocation methods.
- Chart of Accounts: Create, edit, close, or delete Ledger Account Categories, Create a new account in the Chart of Accounts (COA), Set up account allocation terms, Set up system accounts, View inquiries and reports related to the Chart of Accounts
- Journal Setup: Set up journal names, Set up journal controls, Create journal texts, Set up balance control accounts, Set up General Ledger parameters
- General Ledger Daily Procedures: Create General Ledger Journals, Enter General Ledger Transactions, Post multiple journals, Create Approval Journals, Demonstrate data needed to create an Approval journal, Create a Voucher Template, Create and Retrieve Periodic Journals, General Ledger Transaction Reversal, Create General Ledger Reversing Entries, Inquire and Report on Daily Journal Transactions.
- Sales Tax Setup : Create ledger posting groups, Create sales tax authorities, Create sales tax settlement periods, Create sales tax codes, Create sales tax codes intervals, Create a sales tax groups, Create item sales tax groups, Set up Sales tax jurisdictions, Create sales tax transactions, Create sales tax exempt data, Calculate and post withholding sales tax
- Bank Management Setup: Set up bank transaction types, Set up bank transaction groups, Set up bank parameters, Set up payment purpose codes, Set up bank groups, Create a bank account, Define the check layout for a bank account,
- Accounts Payable Setup and Procedures: Create a payment schedule, Create terms of payment, Create a payment day, Set up a cash discount, Create a payment fee, Create a method of payment, Set up vendor groups, Set up posting profiles, Create a new vendor, Explain the different invoice journals, Register an invoice journal, Approve an invoice register journal, Create an invoice pool excluding posting, Create an invoice journal, Use a voucher template to create vouchers, Create a payment proposal, Run a payment proposal for a marked settlement. Create a payment journal, Generate a payment, Describe invoice matching. Edit open transactions, Reverse a closed transaction, Invoice Settlements.
- Accounts Receivable Setup and Procedures : Create terms of payment, ,Create a payment day, Set up a cash discount, Create a payment fee, Create a method of payment, Set up customer groups, Set up posting profiles, Create a new customer, Understand the customer process, Create a Free Text Invoice, Edit an Open Free Text Invoice, Create a Payment Proposal, Mark customer transactions for Settlement, Create a Payment Journal, Edit Open Transactions, Place an Accounts Receivable transaction on hold, Reverse a Settlement, Reimburse a Customer, Describe Reason codes in Accounts receivable, List the activities that you can control with print management settings, Invoice Settlements.
Project (Accounting & Control)
Project finances and Invoicing, Project Cost Control, Project Hierarchies, Project Budgets, Forecasts, Time Scheduling, Internal Projects, Time & Material Projects, Fixed Price Projects, Hours registration, Cost tariff incorporation per category of employees thus allocating fixed costs, in variable costs the direct Expense & Items booking per project, validation control, revenue recognition and work in progress and includes :-
Monitor Profitability with revenue recognition – Use revenue recognition and work in progress to manage profitability during a project, including the ability to free revenue from an invoice based on when the work was completed and realize accruals during a general ledger period, such as time and materials.
Manage costs and planning using project hierarchies- Evaluate and understand projects by breaking down project into smaller components for costs and resources. Manage costs and planning using project Financials – Preparation of overall Financials in accordance with the Indian Accounting standards in compliance with Company Law & Income Tax Act.
· MIS Reports – to ascertain and prepare Monthly, Quarterly project wise profitability position reports for Management Information requirement.
· Budgeting & Planning – to make Annual Plans and Budget with Forecast for each Quarters and put it into system for ascertain the financial status when and where required emphasisng on budget vs actuals analysis and likely measures to be taken.
· ERP applications - to book all expenses and revenue in Microsoft Dynamics 2009 – ERP package in Financial module. To allocate all expenses and revenues in relevant projects in the project module. Configured and incorporated all the Sales taxes & Withholding tax codes in the ERP for automatic calculations. Ascertained a system for automatic payment due date for vendors to manage cash flows.
· Cash Flow – to make cash flows for individual projects and overall organization and reviewing the same at month end.
· Banking & FIs – to coordinate with Banks for the remittances, cash credit & working capital requirements.
· Coordination – to co ordinate and monitor with other business officers for making strategies and implementations.
· Audit & Transfer Pricing – to ensure proper documentations and readiness towards preparation for statutory audit, tax audit and transfer pricing requirements being done by one of the Big Fours.
· Purchase Order – to incorporate purchase orders in the system for tracking the orders purchased in lieu of the purchase order.
· Purchases – to check all the bills for purchases directly related to the projects booking those bills in system, generating their payments.
· Sales – Processing the entire Sales invoices and booking revenues in the system.
· Follow ups – to follow up with clients for timely payment to balance inflows with outflows.
· Sales Tax –
1. to coordinate with Sales Tax consultant and visiting personally for setting up new offices at Vat regions towards different states’ registration.
2. to ascertain the total Vat liability monthwise and organizing payments thereof.
3. to ascertain service tax liability and making payment.
4. to coordinate with Sales tax Consultant towards Sales tax impact and mechanism to be undertaken to reduce the burden for upcoming projects in pipeline.
· Withholding Tax – to deduct TDS at the rate applicable for all vendors/ parties payment through system.
Project Module - Putting in weekly hours in the DAX system for employees. Ascertaining Cost Tariff + Sales Tariff per employee category. Regular monitoring of project expenses category/activitywise and keep track of Project Budget vs Actuals at real time basis.